Friday, September 11, 2009

Congrats #23 Michael Jeffery Jordan

Twenty-three from Daesun Hwang on Vimeo.



I can fondly remembering watching the Chicago Bulls in the playoffs against the Cleveland Cavs and seeing some guy named Michael Jordan tearing up a sorry defender named Ehlo. After that buzzer beater I quickly run to my dad to ask him to buy me a pair of Air Jordans. A few years and few AJ styles went by and after pestering my dad, he broke down and got me that coveted pair of Air Jordans. It was the Black and Red Air Jordan IV that got the "collection" started.
I think I wore these everywhere! Church, school, playground, and at home around the house. Since I needed to be "fly" all the time, I unfortunately wore my beloved Air Jordan IVs to mow the lawn of all things. Of course my naive mind was thinking, "Oh, it will be okay since I am on a riding mower." I was totally wrong! I basically added a dark hue of green to the once buttery suede that covered the sneaker. To make things worse, I tried to clean them off with water and a towel. And most people know, water and suede are not friends. So basically I totally ruined the kicks!!!
I frantically ran to my dad to explain to him the situation and the dire need of a new pair of AJ. He looked at me as if I were crazy and of course refused the request. But alas, 20 years later and the finances to fund my bad sneaker habit, I have a new pair of Air Jordan Black and Red IVs.
Thank you MJ for all the years of inspiration and contribution to my childhood!

MJ G.O.A.T

What's your MJ story?

No comments: